Friday, May 06, 2005

A strange day; packing again.

Mai 5th

Went to walk around rue Saint Laurent (a main street in Montreal) before I go to my class. Then I found the street was not that interesting & decided to head up from another road. As I was walking along, a guy carrying stuff as he was a construction worker came up & said something in French to me. & I was like.. "Pardon?". He said, "Are you coming to help me this morning? You're supposed to be here to help me." I was like.. "What the freak?" & I quickly walked away & I heard him laughing with some people after I walked away. SERIOUSLY. NEVER NEVER walk on deserted streets even under bright day light. There are always weird people around.

After class, went to copy the required listening material for my course to my laptop at my classmate Janice's appartment. I was smart enough not to bring the CD-drive or CD or any audio player -> I thought I would be just beside the music building. If I want music, I'll just go pounding on the piano or something. But I did consider the possibility of needing a CD player for my CLASS. Smart. OH well~ The cost of traveling "light" I guess.. haha..

It has been sunny for quite a few days. This is great! This means I get to go check out places. Went back to the hostel around 5pm & did some packing because I had to leave the next day. & I was going to go to Underground with a friend from the hostel but after I finished packing, she said she didn't feel like going because she wanted to finish her New York Times.. a newspaper that she had been reading for the whole week! Not making fun of her here..

So I went to the Underground to eat by myself - such a loner~ You would never see me going to the food court of some mall to eat dinner all by myself in Vancouver. NEVER! Strange (ie. unfamiliar) places make you do strange things.

Anyway, I came back in about 45mins & my hostel friend was surprised by how fast I just went & came bk. She was still reading her NY Times when I got back. It was unbelievable! & somehow I ended up teaching her how to write Chinese.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My TN friend from the hostel practicing the Chinese characters that I taught her to write.. on her NY Times.

I was organizing and packing my stuff 'til 10pm. Packed everything back into my 2 luggages.. except the jar of half-finished mashroom-spaghetti sauce that I intentionally left in the fridge (It was too heavy to carry so I abandoned it~).

The old black woman who was in the same room as me seemed to have stayed for a long time. I heard that she was from a French colony in Latin America and that she lived in Paris for 2 years and decided to come to Montreal again this year for another year. I wonder how it's like to be living from places to places and seeing people come and go, with everything you own in the world in 3 luggages. After all, the hostel, 'tho it may be nice and cheap to stay in, is not the place to stay for a long time. Even just staying here for a week, I always felt there was a feeling of emptiness when someone you talked ot the night before was gone the next morning; someone that you might never see again. Something like a star-crossed lover kind of R&J thing. It's a strange feeling of hollowness. I don't even know those people well. I guess it's just a sad feeling to know that Life moves on.. people move on.. This is just a temporary stop for them, and for me.. then everyone just go on their separate ways to discover what lies before them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">