Monday, May 09, 2005

War of Piano & TV

Mai 9 (Lundi)
I was planning to go to the La fountain Park right after class but I was too lazy & too overwhelmed by class assignments that I decided not to go. I went down to the lobby to play the wrecked grand piano. It was really dusty and out of tune. & Then a girl came & turned on the TV at the other end of the hall - freakingly loud. But I managed to continue playing Beethoven's Sonata. Then the front desk person came & told me people are not supposed to play piano when someone is watching the TV. What the? First of all, I came first. Second of all, there was no sign that says I can't play when someone is watching TV. Third of all, if I can play piano while the person is watching TV, why can't the TV person watch the d*mn TV while I'm playing the piano? It's all a matter of concentration and attention when it comes to doing things. Watching TV just doesn't engage enough of brain cells to keep the person distracted from other things.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the out-of-tune piano in the lobby. Photo taken at another day - as you can imagine.

So I went to the private piano room, which if I knew EXISTED (as I was told it was not earlier), I would not even have tried to play that out-of-tune crap in the lobby. I have to get back to researching my topic for the paper. I don't want to do any of the things listed b/c I'm just that kind of person - always making life more complicated than it could be. The paper is due in 3 weeks.. but I'm trying to get it done before then - just to get it over with so I can go to Quebec City or Ottawa without worrying about it~~ kekeke..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">