Friday, June 03, 2005

Cirque du Soleil - Corteo

June 3rd (Vendredi)

I have inherited an electric kettle from a Japanese floormate. She was leaving this morning and gave me the kettle b/c she didn't want to carry so much stuff w/ her and I was talking about needing one last night (just kinda out of the blue). Many people from my floor left this morning.. so it feels kinda empty now.

Going to watch Corte0 (Cirque du Soleli) in the afternoon.


Cirque du Soleli is a cool+interesting group (http://www.cirquedusoleil.com). The tickets for their shows are slightly pricey . I spent $75 CAD on a C section seat when I could have gone with a tour to Ottawa for about $60 CAD for the whole day. but IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!! I loved the show.. the costumes were cool, the swinging & doing acrobatic things on the chandeliers were amazing, the super big balloons were cute, the actions were just full of surprises! If I had to pay $90, I think I would still go. Cirque du Soleil occasionally tours to Vancouver so CHECK IT OUT~!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The big tent of Cirque du Soleil.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Looking at the Vieux Montreal from the port.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Habitat '67 (modern apartment) on an island opposite from where I was.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Got over 1hr to spare after I got my ticket around 2:30 (show started at 4pm). So I decided to walk around. & It was really HOT so I didn't want to walk too far (& with my crappy sandals- I actually brought 2 pairs but both sucked in terms of walking long distance).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Found a nice shady place to sit for the rest of the hrs b4 the show starts.The summer breezes were so nice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Taking random pics of the grass.

Met up with May after the show and went to an Italian restaurant. The interior deco was pretty unique (looks like an old/classic country place) & the food was good & there were even LIVE musicians (violin, guitar & one more I can't remember) & their musical style was pretty exotic (has a Latin-America feel to it). The whole atmosphere was awesome~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Italian restaurant was near Marche Bonsecours. The place has a totally different feel to it at night! Looks pretty romantic!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
May & I taking pics on our way back to the metro station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">