Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Today is THE DAY! // & Musee d'Art Contemporain

June 1 (Mercredi)

Today is THE DAY! The sun is bright, the weather is great! TOO BAD I have a final to do in the afternoon.. But after that, NO MORE SCHOOL! So many people in my class are graduating after this class. & I have 2 more years.. well. I could if I want to finish it next yr but then I wouldn't get to go on exchange & all that jazz. But, what am I going to do after graduationg? Not a clue. haha..

------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a saying that if something happens to you once, it probably won't happen again. But if it happens a 2nd time, it's certainly going to happen a third time.

So that's what happened. Remember the guy in 2 of my previous posts about exotic encounters? I thought it would be the strangest thing if I see him again. & GUESS WHAT? I saw him AGAIN today (3rd time ever since I was in Montreal = 1 time/week) when I was coming out from the music building after my final/harp practice. It's like.. what's wrong with this guy?? Good that he was talking w/ some Chinese guy (in PERFECT Mandarin; he is white if I have not told u that before) otherwise I would be like WTH? YOU AGAIN?

ANYWAY... Museum of Contemporary Art tonight (b/c it's free after 6pm)..
-------------------------------------------------------------------


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
SUMMER FEEL! It's so hot in Montreal now (25C) that I have to wear really summer-like clothing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Sculpture Garden of Musee d'Art Contemporain. The museum is located at Place-des-Arts - A big underground+above-ground complex of theatres for opera, drama, music, etc.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Complexe Desjardins - a big shopping mall connected to Place-des-Arts.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The food court of the mall. It looks quite poetic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The stain-glass-like thing you would see when you get off at the metro station of Place-des-Arts.

A hallway exhibition of a Quebecois artist.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
MUSIC & Books

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Petit guide book to Paris

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Do you feel this way, sometimes?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Or this way?

The exhibitions at the museum of contemporary art was pretty cool too. just to mention a few ('cuz I couldn't take pics in there):

- the portable plasic home that the person wears around her
- the park-portable-washroom-size room with elegant walls, chandelier, & Classical symphony -> suppose to make you feel a moment of overwhemling joy in a super confined space; ppl's facial reaction was so interesting when they came out! Everyone in the line would look at the face of the person who just came out and ponder what exactly was in there...& I pondered too.. when I got out.. I had the EXACT facial expression as those who went in b4 me..
- the "self-suficient" sofa. It was really elegant but it had a super bulging part in the middle so there was basically no place for anyone to sit.
- the bystander-effect replay of an artist pretending to be a street person outside of a public building in Birmingham, UK (where I would be going in 2006!). The artist did the same repetitive movements so there was 5 TV playing a recoridng of different moments of her sitting there doing the movements with different ppl were just passing by her, pretending that she weren't there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">