Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Some kind of exotic encounter?

Mai 11 (Mercredi)

Didn't do much for the past 2 days b/c I was too lazy & it was too sunny (my so-called Sunny-day-Syndrome). It has been really HOT (not warm) for the past few days 'tho it rained last night. I have to take out my T-shirts & skirt (I'm so glad I brought one w/ me!).

My midterm is next Monday. It's INSANE... I have to really get down to it. D*mn the Liszt thematic transformation in Mazzepa. I knew I heard the theme throughout the whole piece but I wasn't too sure about whether it was some kind of theme & variation so I didn't mention it in the class discussion & the prof eventually said it and said he was surprised that no one in the class caught the recurring theme. D*MN. I heard it! I just didn't say it. Don't you just hate it when you knew you were right but was too afraid that you would be wrong & thus you just did nothing & feel like crap afterwards b/c you know you could have said something. ANYWAY.

Finally decided to go to the Lafontaine Park today. The class was cancelled b/c the prof is performing at a concert. I didn't feel like venturing far away from where I am so I just went to the Park (which was about 20 blocks away from my rez). Went on the bus, not long after, a guy set in front of me, wearing all formal & stuff (but looked about my age) started talking to me. He was slightly on the good-looking side but it was strange. I forgot what he talked about in the beginning. Maybe something about he was from CA.. doing missionary kind of thing here. No offence to anyone who's affiliated w/ a Church, but whenever I hear anything related to religion, my brain just automatically goes on BLOCK mode. & everything else that comes after that just goes like water flowing through a fishing net.

The guy & the other guy spoke Mandarin, which was not that surprising but interesting b/c the guy who talked to me could speak it REALly well & not w/ the China accent. But I pretended that I didn't really know Mandarin that well. Cutting off the "similarity" connection is impt when you know someone has other purpose in mind - application of psych class material here!

& He asked where I originally from. I said something about from Vancouver but originally Japanese.. half Chinese & half Japanese.. born in Japan, but family = Chinese, moved to Vancovuer soon after. I'm live in Montreal but I move around & I don't have a cell # . & my name was Sana. I AM SUCH A LIAR.. haha. but there are some truth to my lies, which makes me less evil.

Anyway, that was fun (Actually no. shoot, that was scary..). Next time, if something similar happens (which I hope NOT) I should say I'm Hawaiian, but born in HK, raised in Indonesia.

Here's some pics of the Parc Lafontaine - Montreal's third largest park. It's pretty.. but seems artificial, unlike the Parks we have in Vancouver.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Walking toward the lake.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Walking along the lake.

It's said that the eastern half is pure Frech (geometric designs) and the western side is English (irregular shaped ponds, etc). I don't know. There weren't really distinctive differences.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The statue of the person whom the park was named after - Sir Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine. He was a pioneer of responsible gov't in Canada.

Went to the Undergroun afterwards & bought a microwavable plate that could be a bowl. It's impt to get things that has multi-functions when you're traveling! Then I'm going to my prof's concert at 3:30. What's for dinner?? I have no idea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hihi tiffany!
so sorry...didn't respond for a long time. i kept forgetting. hehe. anyways, i remembered now.
i just love reading your updates...i dun know, something about ur updates are so interesting. oh? u have a midterm already? its only the 2nd week of classes...><" wow, gdluck! hrm...hahahahahaha! thats funny...well, its good to keep urself anonymous...well, in a way that is...i mean, if i was in ur situation, i would do the same...hehe. i mean, that person won't find out who u really are and besides, ur probably not going to see him anymore. haha. i guess the guy who started to talk to u, found u attractive? hehe. well, u are pretty. hehe. i like ur pix.
anyhow, oh...i'm still going to stick w/ psyc as my major, but i'm still deciding w/e or not i should major in social psyc. i'm finding developmental psyc more interesting. maybe i'll major in that and minor in physiology. hehe.
anyways, gdluck w/ ur studies! i'll update u on my life. u can read my updates on my xanga since i dun have any other blogs, like u~
à bientôt~
take carez! ^^
Elissa

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">