Thursday, May 12, 2005

An illusion of summer.

Mai 12 (Jeudi)
The weather here is really strange. Yesterday I was wearing T-shirt + skirt. Today I had to wear sweaters, paints + coat! Yesterday was 24C & Today was 3C to begin with. It's still sunny but the temperature just went like a roller coaster. I just don't know how to dress for this weather. Je ne comprend pas.

Sorry I don't have a lot of pics to show you these days b/c I hardly went out of my quarter (my rez & the music building => which are architecturally connected). The furtherest I went would probably be the Underground mall.. that's it. Midterm next Monday! Just thinking about that makes me want to stay inside all day & night.

My prof's concert yesterday was interesting. It was a Czech piece written in the 192o's for tenor & piano (My prof played the piano) & there was a mezzo soprano & 3 off-stage singers. The piece was called "The Diary of One who Vanished" by Leos Janacek. It was a really DARK piece (musically speaking). & It's one of those sophisticated pieces that you felt you don't really know what happened throughout the whole thing.. Why can someone compose a song cycle based on a plowman's feelings about a gypsy woman whom he eloped with b/c she has his child. Anyway, the piece was kinda cool.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The cherry tree in the courtyard of my residence (RVC) is just blooming!
Behind the tree is the music building.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The cherry blossoms and the little court yard have a Japanese feel to it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A View of the street (rue University) from my window.

Heard a person whistling by my window this morning & heard another person whistling as he walks by in the afternoon ( I live on the 2nd floor) . Then, as I type this now, someone is playing a flute outside with someone singing along - just some fragmented melodies. It's 8:30pm. The sky is a canva of pure "bleu"... but it's getting dark now. There are still cars passing by and the streets are still busy. This place just seems so much alive! & alive in a way that doesn't horrify you but energizes you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">