Friday, May 13, 2005

Harp - Choose one!

Mai 13 (Vendredi)

Finally got the harp room- after struggling to get it for half of the month. 'Tho I ended up have to pay $30 to rent it 'til the beginning of June, it's worth it. So happy to see harp again.. I have been practicing piano for the past few weeks - I played more piano last week than I ever played in the past 6 months. I like the piano practice rooms too 'cause I get to choose which ever piano I want to play, as long as there's no one in there. & of course I always choose the grand piano.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Harps @ McGill!

I went to harp room at a corner on the top floor of the building. There were 3 huge hard cases for grand concert harp outside of the room, making the hallway narrower than it is. Went in the room & saw not the 1 harp that the room manager told me but THREE! They're all Lyon&Healy (a good brand of harp) too -> the one my friends and my teacher have! Basically I could just choose whichever one I like. It was like WOW! The practice room also has a large window that looks out to the busy streets of downtown Montreal. What more could I ask for? Grand piano & 3 harps.. 'tho they're not mine but it doesn't make a huge difference. It's already better than what I had anywhere else. But..but.. but... I forgot to bring a TUNER!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3 harps!! I was going to choose the fancy one (which looked like my friend's harp) but it was smaller than the other 2.. so I chose the one in the middle 'cause I don't like the black one on the right.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A view of the streets from the window of the harp room.

Went to a piano concert w/ Romantic works (eg. Beethoven, Brahms, etc) for my class concert report. It was ok.. actually the Beethoven piece was kinda screwed b/c it was played on a fortepiano (not the modern piano) & the performer probably had more trouble w/ the instrument. But I love Brahms' Intermezzi, Op 117. He did a great job. Now I want to play it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://members.shaw.ca/champagnee/sanfrancisco.wav" loop="infinite">